Friday, February 17, 2017

Blue with Gold Flowers

I made this card for today's challenge on Nichole Heady's blog Capture the Moment.  We were asked to use one of the featured PTI stamp sets from 2013, or to draw inspiration from any of the projects she highlighted.  I don't have those sets, so I chose a card by Erin Lincoln to work from.  It's this one, the 4th "pedal pusher" example in Nichole's post today

My card is not at all what I set out to make.  But the inspiration card sentiment was "enjoy the ride," and it seems fitting that I went on a bumpy path that took me someplace very unexpected.  I started with spring rain flowers stamped on spring rain card stock, intending to add a summer sunrise (yellow-orange) die cut word like Erin's to my white stitched rectangle.  But the flowers needed "something" more, so I added summer sunrise ink.  I never imagined the result would look so golden!  So I added some sun rays, changed my die cut to PTI saffron spice, which looked similar to  my flower color, and ... called it done.  Thank you, Nichole and Erin, for inspiring my card today!

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) spring rain (light blue), saffron spice (gold), and stamper's select white.
  • Dies are PTI big basics: thanks and stitched rectangles.  I used the largest rectangle to edge my 1" strip of white, then turned it and lined it up with the end holes to edge the other side.
  • The sentiment "very much" is from PTI fillable frames #2, stamped with PTI saffron spice ink cube.  The flower cluster is from PTI mini blooms, stamped with PTI spring rain ink cube, as well as PTI summer sunrise (yellow-orange) ink applied to the stamp with a finger dauber.  The rays are from PTI shine, stamped with PTI summer sunrise ink cube.
(703)

No comments: