Thursday, February 16, 2017

Sun Rays on Aqua with Muted Teal

For today's challenge on Nichole Heady's blog Capture the Moment, we were asked to use one of the featured PTI stamp sets from 2012, or to draw inspiration from any of the projects she highlighted.  I don't have those sets, but I do have the "hello sunshine" dies, perfect for the inspiration I chose.  It's this card by Maile Belles, the 6th "hello sunshine" card shown in Nichole's post today

I copied Maile's sun panel, except that my sun circle and patterned triangles are die cut instead of stamped.  I turned my panel upside down and used deeper colors for my background.  The large die cut word completes the sunshine theme.  Thank you, Maile and Nichole, for inspiring me to make this!

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) aqua mist, summer sunrise (yellow-orange), and several prints (leaf, polka dot, and bitty dot) from PTI summer sunrise, harvest gold (yellow), orange zest, and ocean tides (muted teal) pattern packs.
  • Dies are PTI sunshine (word) and hello sunshine.  
  • For the sun's center, I used an EK Success 1" circle punch
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(702)

2 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card....so in love with your gorgeous sun rays!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Love the sun, very nice!