Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Red Rose and Green Leaves on White Oval

For today's challenge on Nichole Heady's blog Capture the Moment, we were asked to use one of the featured PTI stamp sets from 2011, or to draw inspiration from any of the projects she highlighted.  I don't have those sets, so I chose one of the projects to work from.  It's this card by Danielle Flanders, the 4th "year of flowers collection" example in Nichole's post today

My card, like the inspiration card, has a lacy white oval with a multi-line sentiment, a single red rose  on a white die cut, a leafy green branch, and a bow tied with baker's twine.  I made some changes to the ink color, the card shape, and the oval size.  Also I used an embossed card base instead of tone-on-tone stamping.  Thank you, Nichole and Danielle, for your inspiration!

Card details:
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(701)

1 comment:

Kim Heggins said...

BEEEutiful! I love your embossed background, so pretty.