Friday, July 9, 2010

Welcome to my new blog, Mostly Markers - Cards

Welcome to my new blog, "Mostly Markers - Cards." I see it as a companion to my current blog, "Mostly Markers," which is now dedicated to my non-card drawings. I put links in the headers at the top of both blogs, so it's easy to go back and forth.

All my greeting cards are now posted here. If they were previously posted on "Mostly Markers," I kept their original posting dates. In other words, go back to older dates on this blog, to see cards created before this post.

Why a new blog? Lots of reasons. I think it will simplify my blogging. Some of my labels for drawings don't make sense for cards, and vice versa. Cards have their own aesthetic and charm, and I think it's interesting to keep them together. Etc.

I've really enjoyed creating cards again. As I wrote in the header above, they are small collages - mailable art. Along with the lines, shapes, and colors that I love about drawings, cards also feature textures and dimension, not to mention layout and construction challenges. They are just plain fun to do. So while I'm adding more drawings to my original blog, I'll be adding more cards here.

No comments: