Friday, October 7, 2011

Six-Circle Card - Red, White, and Blue

A circle of red, white, and blue on a striped background.

My six-circle element was borrowed from Charlene Austin's beautiful card, posted on her Willow and Paisley blog. To simplify the spacing and assembly, I printed a template (below) for myself. I placed my red and white circles face-down onto the template and laid a few strips of Scor-tape across them to adhere them to each other. (But not to the template!) Then I adhered the red-and-white piece face-up to the large blue circle.

If you'd like to use my template, you can paste the template .jpg into Word or PowerPoint and resize it, as desired, to fit your punched circles. For my card, the large outer circle is 2-1/4" diameter.
More card details:
  • Card stock is Neenah solar white, PaperTrey Ink pure poppy (red), and Paper Source night (a very dark navy blue).
  • I made the red-and-blue striped paper in PowerPoint and computer-printed it.
  • Circle punches are 2-1/4" and 1" by EK Success.
  • The three lines on the red strip are drawn with cobalt Copic 0.5 multiliner.
Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (101)

3 comments:

Charlene Austin said...

Girl!! That is brilliant. Do you know how long that finicky little circle took me to space just right?! Love your template and I'm so gonna print and use that! Thank YOU! Computer savvy people amaze me. And thanks so much for the shout out!

Cindy O said...

Charlene, thanks so much for your comment - I'm glad we could help each other!

Cheryl said...

So cool! I love the way you used the circles.`