Sunday, August 26, 2012

Heart Stems with Turquoise and Burgundy

I enjoyed drawing this today, tall stems with hearts, and then coloring it for my card.  Unusual colors together - turquoise and burgundy with white, and touches of brown and green.  I like it.

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink scarlet jewel (burgundy) and Hawaiian shores (turquoise), with Neenah solar white.
  • The drawing is my "heart stems" doodle, as posted here on my drawings blog (Mostly Markers). 
  • Technique: To color my drawing, I started with rough, wide stripes of color - Copic markers BG32, B32, YR24, and G43.  After it dried, I spritzed on some colorless blender ("0") to make the spotted/splotchy effect.  When that was dry, I colored the hearts (RV06, RV55, R56) and added color along the stem and ground lines (G46). 
  • I used a Copic brush-medium multiliner to edge the circle with black (coloring the edge of the paper with the side of the multiliner brush tip). 
  • Dies are Papertrey Ink limitless layers circles (2-1/2") for the three smaller circles, Spellbinders Nestabilities big scalloped circles LG for the largest white circle, and Papertrey Ink double-ended banners (shorter banner) for the sentiment.
  • The sentiment "Love You Always" is computer-printed with burgundy ink in "Curlz MT" font (bold).  The two hearts are also computer-printed in Zapf Dingbats font. 
Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (195)

No comments: