Friday, August 30, 2013

Grateful in Fall Colors

Two very similar cards with different color schemes.  In keeping with this month's "relationship" lesson (in the Operation Write Home design Bootcamp series),  I reconsidered my initial layout where the branch went straight across and "for you" was on one line below it.  

Instead, I angled the branch and nestled "for you" into the negative space on two lines.  It looks much better.  Thanks for the lesson, Paula!  I'm also linking these cards to the Operation Write Home midweek Thank You card challenge.


Card details:
Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (308)

1 comment:

Paula S. said...

Great layout Cindy! The branch at a slight angle creates nice movement and I like the way the type is 'tucked in’ under it. So gllad you've been enjoying the bootcamps!