After stenciling the blue and purple chevrons, I added some speckles of teal ink. My past experiments with other techniques for ink spatters were not successful, but this time I used Vicki Finger's technique, as described in this post on her Twinkling Paper Studio blog. It worked beautifully for me, and I'm really happy with the results.
Thank you, Vicki, for sharing the secrets of your lovely speckled backgrounds!
- Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) royal velvet (dark purple), tropical teal, and stamper's select white.
- I stenciled the chevrons with Crafter's Workshop 6x6" chevron template, using PTI royal velvet, amethyst allure (medium purple), dark indigo (navy), and blueberry sky (medium blue) ink cubes and an e.l.f total face brush to apply the ink.
- The speckles are PTI tropical teal ink.
- Dies are My Favorite Things vertical stitched strips and PTI double-ended banners.
- The sentiment "thank you" is from Stampabilities card phrases, stamped with PTI amethyst allure and tropical teal ink cubes.