Thursday, July 5, 2018

Blue Flowers with White

Today's card was inspired by Papertrey Ink's recent design team tips: using die cuts to create negative designs in stamped images.  I was very pleased with the beautiful results on my first attempt.  Thank you, Lizzie, for your tutorial and examples! 

After placing my "hugs" mask, cut from Avery removable label paper, I sponged on a light blue ink.  (In real life, the sponged color looks more even.)  Then I stamped a few outline flowers and leaves, which I filled in with colored pencils.  The pencils made it easy to color right up against the mask edges.

Note: the gray border is background, not part of the card. 

Card details:
  • Card stock is Paper Source cobalt (navy - retired), Hero Arts cerulean (medium blue), and Papertrey Ink (PTI) stamper's select white.
  • The background is sponged with PTI spring rain (light blue) ink cube, using the round Ranger ink blending tool to apply the ink.
  • Dies are from PTI stitched rectangles and big hugs.  I double cut the stitched rectangle to shorten it for my stamped panel.
  • The images are from PTI in bloom, stamped with PTI dark indigo (navy) ink cube and colored with two blues and two greens from my very old set of Venus Spectracolor pencils.
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(920)

No comments: