Monday, August 16, 2010

Orange and Black Doodles Card

A strip of orange and black doodling, cut into rectangles.

To make four cards like this, I used my Copic multiliner to doodle a pattern of wavy lines and circles on a 4" x 4.5" piece of white Neenah card stock. I colored it with Copic markers YR04,YR07,YR09,and YR14. Then I cut it into four strips, each 1" wide.

After labeling the back of each strip with pencil (L-C-R for left-center-right), I cut each strip into three 1.5" pieces. I mounted each set of three onto a 1.5 x 5.5" piece of black paper, with a 1/4" margin outside and between the orange patterned rectangles.

The sentiment is computer-printed in Papyrus font. The orange card stock is Papertrey Ink orange zest. It is all adhered onto a white card base. I used a black Copic multiliner for the horizontal lines.

Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (019)

No comments: