Sunday, January 9, 2011

Purple and Yellow-Green Card - Squares and Circles

Here's another card using the patterned paper I received from Operation Write Home. Yesterday's post tells the story.

This time I chose two coordinating papers - one with stripes and one with a circle pattern. I also used the yellow-green solid color on the reverse of the circle pattern paper. It's the same layout as yesterday's card, inspired by this week's Fall-To-Layout 122 on Clean and Simple Stamping.

The purple card base is Hero Arts iris. I don't know the name of the patterned paper. My sentiment "Thinking of you" is computer-printed with Lucida Calligraphy font in purple ink. The circle punches (EK Success) are 1-1/4" scalloped and 1-1/2" plain, to make the embellishment on the striped square, and 2" scalloped for the sentiment. I also placed a 1/2" shiny clear epoxy dome sticker on the center of the embellishment.

Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (049 b)

No comments: