Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Purple Flowers with Green and Aqua

A new line drawing that I drew today, adapted from my Advent calendar drawing for 12/19. I will enjoy coloring it for cards. This time I colored it as purple flowers in a turquoise bowl. And layered it with purple, green, and aqua.

Added January 21, 2012: For a "before and after" comparison of this card, with a change of leaf color, click here. My "after" version has darker leaves, and I think it makes the colors work better together.

Card details:
  • Card stock is Paper Source violet (light purple card base) and Papertrey Ink (PTI) royal velvet (dark purple), new leaf (green) and aqua mist (aqua).
  • My scanned drawing is printed on Neenah solar white and colored with Copic markers: BG32, BG53, BG70, V000, V04, V12, V25, G40, YG05, YG63, YR15, Y13, Y21, RV55.
  • I cut the plain and fancy circles with PTI 2.5" Limitless Layers dies.
  • The sentiment "love you" is computer-printed with Zapfino font (bold) in purple ink. In real life, it goes well with the royal velvet color.
Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (120)

2 comments:

Joan B said...

wow, you drew these flowers? gorgeous work, so talented!

Cindy O said...

Thank you Joan!