Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Purple Vase with Flowers

A purple vase with lavender flowers.  The pennant shape adds the look of ribbon to the vase.  A wavy-edged strip of paper grounds the vase and the sentiment.  For today's Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps midweek challenge, to make "Miss You" cards for our heroes to send to loved ones at home.

Card details:
Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (226)

5 comments:

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

I'm loving that ribbon look on the vase! Great card colors!

Kristie said...

Soooo pretty! I just love the variety of purple papers together! And the die cuts are wonderful! I recently discovered My Favorite Things die cuts and I just love them. Guess now I need to check out the ones by PTI. Great job on this week's MWT!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Oh I love your card! Great colors, layout and the extra ribbon on the vase is neat!

Thanks for playing in our Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown challenge!

Carol L said...

I just love the sentiment and purple colors and I WISH I still had some of that pretty dsp in my stash!!

Cynthia T said...

Great ideas on this beautiful card including the banner/ribbon and the computer-generated sentiment. Love this :)