Tuesday, January 1, 2013

You're the Best - #1 Ribbon

It's 1/1/13, a good day for that big number 1 on my card today!   Happy colors - red, white, and blue on bright yellow - and a happy sentiment.  

I wanted to try the PTI "faith and hope" die for decorative ribbon tails, using just the bottom portion.  Then the fancy circle from "snowflake flurries" (also by PTI) made me think of a prize ribbon.  As often happens with my card making, one thing led to another, and I like the end result.

Card details:
  • Card stock is Neenah solar white, Hero Arts azure (deep blue), and Papertrey Ink (PTI) blueberry sky (medium blue), pure poppy (red), and harvest gold (yellow). 
  • Dies are PTI block alphabet numbers, faith and hope, and snowflake flurries.  I also used a 1-1/4" plain circle punch by EK Success. 
  • Embossing folder is Tim Holtz Sizzix stripes.
  • Sentiment "You're the best!" is computer-printed in Courier font with blue ink.
Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (236)

No comments: