Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Star Circles - Red, White, and Blue with Tan

A happy, bright card with a happy sentiment!  I like the contrast and the starry circle shapes.  The die set cuts an open "lacy" star, with the option to add a solid layer beneath it for contrast (white in my card).   I added more variety by alternating the horizontal placement of the two star shapes.   It still needed something more, so I added a triangle of accents with the little dots on a few stars. 

Card details:
  • Card stock is Neenah solar white, Papertrey Ink (PTI) pure poppy (red), enchanted evening (dark blue), and the bitty dots print from PTI fine linen (tan) pattern pack.
  • Dies are PTI sketched shapes (wide banner) and My Favorite Things western star border duo.   
  • I added a few dot accents, punched with a 1/4" hole punch.  
  • Sentiment "Happy thoughts of you!" is computer printed with red and blue ink using Cooper Black font, expanded spacing.  I increased the font size of the "!" which looked too small otherwise. 
Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (285)

No comments: