Friday, November 29, 2013

Red Lattice with Blue and Tan

This card pairs a new-to-me lattice die with a leftover red "thank you" cut from last week's card.  I'll use this design to write "any hero" notes for my Operation Write Home box. 

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) pure poppy (red), enchanted evening (dark blue), and the stripes print from PTI fine linen (tan) pattern pack.
  • Dies are PTI wonderful words: thank you and Poppystamps lattice edge.   I added some blue cutouts into the lattice openings. 
    Note: Many times, an "edge die" will leave the cutout attached on one side, but this lattice die cuts the full shape.  The full die cut is 5.2" long; I used part of it for this card. 
  • The blue lines at top and bottom are 1/4" strips of card stock. 
Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (331)

No comments: