Sunday, December 29, 2013

Green Chevrons with Star Tag

Two greens with touches of tan and cream in the twine and the patterned paper.  Nice textures and detail.  I'm getting acquainted with my new Silhouette Cameo.  It was very simple to create and cut my sentiment, using a script font that I already had on my computer.  I'll get a lot of mileage from this feature! 

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) pinefeather (dark green), simply chartreuse (yellow-green),  and a chevron print from the Authentique Free Bird 6x6" collection.  
  • Dies are PTI tiny tags (star tag), super star border (to cut the smaller star), and pinking shears border.
  • The sentiment "thanks" is cut with Silhouette Cameo using Brush Script Std font, welded. 
  • Twine is PTI rustic jute and rustic cream button twine - two strands of each color.  The tag is threaded with the bottom strand.  
  • Embossing folder is Sizzix Tim Holtz stripes.
Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (338)

1 comment:

Erika said...

This is a great masculine card! I just got a Cameo too and I'm loving how it cuts. Have fun with your new toy!