Saturday, February 8, 2014

Blue Thank You with Dots - Before and After

 
                       After                                                 Before (timed version)

For today's Papertrey Ink 7th Anniversary limited supply Timer Challenge - select 7 items in 7 minutes, and then 17 minutes to complete the card.  I had a few "oops" moments, but I got it done before the buzzer!

My 7 items are 3 card stock colors, 1 word die, and 3 lengths of stitching line dies.   Thank you Nichole for a fun challenge!

Edited February 8 to add:  The "limited supply" part of the challenge was more enjoyable for me than the "timer" part.  I began with a general idea of my card design, but then, of course, no time to refine it.  I'd like this card better with my diagonal layers cut to the same angle as the pattern paper dots, and narrower to close up the space above the sentiment.  In my "after" version, some knotted twine (denim and shore from The Twinery) fills the excess space.  It also hides a smudge (not visible on the scan, but very obvious to me in real life!) that in my haste I didn't notice.  I'll try this design again with a few changes. 

Card details:
Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (352)

No comments: