Thursday, January 29, 2015

Brown and Cream with Stars

This card started with a few leftovers - a bit of ribbon, some brown die-cut stars, and strips of patterned paper.

I love the end result.  The break in the flow of words (patterned paper) makes a good space for a thought of "miss you."  The stars look a bit day-dreamy while also shaping the focal point.

It's also my first-ever card with a rubber stamp: a clear stamp, to be precise.  I'll post more about that sometime.

Note, the gray border is background - not part of the card. 

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) vintage cream, dark chocolate (brown), and the book print from PTI Dearest Jane patterned paper.  
  • I edged the patterned paper with Copic E49 marker.  
  • Dies are PTI seeing stars (smallest die = my large star) and My Favorite Things western star border die (retired) (cutouts from border = my 3 small stars.)
  • The sentiment "miss you" is from PTI communique sentiments, stamped with PTI dark chocolate ink cube.
  • The 5/8" grosgrain ribbon was tied on a bag of candy.  Lovely ribbon, enough for two cards.  In real life it's more of a cocoa brown, less yellow than the picture.
Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (414)

No comments: