Monday, August 31, 2015

Wreath with Berries - Stamping with Shelf Liner

I felt a bit intimidated by the unconventional materials challenge for Papertrey Ink's 2015 Stamp-a-faire.  But looking around in the basement, I spotted some leftover beige non-adhesive shelf liner from the "home organization" section of our hardware store.  (See picture below.)

I cut an A2 size piece of the liner, taped it to a piece of scrap paper to hold it flat, and inked it with several colors of green ink, hoping for an ombre effect.  Then I carefully placed a piece of cardstock on top of it, held it in place, and pressed firmly with my brayer.

Wow!  I love the background pattern it made!  I would definitely try this again.  I can just rinse off the excess ink, let it dry, and keep using it.  I think the somewhat squishy texture of the shelf liner helped give me the good stamping results.  I'm a novice stamper and I don't know a lot of techniques, so although this was "original" to me, I would bet it's been done before by others. 

Card details:
  • Papertrey Ink (PTI) rustic cream, spring moss (light green), simply chartreuse (medium green), ripe avocado (dark green), and terra cotta tile (deep rusty orange - not as red as my image). 
  • Die is PTI rustic wreath.  I cut two extra sections to add to my wreath circle.
  • The berries are punched with a very old 1/4" hole punch.
  • The banner is notched with scissors.
  • The sentiment "thank you" is from PTI communique sentiments, stamped with PTI terra cotta tile ink cube.  The inks for my shelf liner background are PTI spring moss, simply chartreuse, and ripe avocado.
  • Shelf liner looks like this:
499

1 comment:

Julie said...

the shelf liner makes an awesome background!