Sunday, April 10, 2016

Tag Trio with Stars and Swirls

It's not easy for me to use tags on my cards.  I'm not sure why, but it just doesn't come easily to me.  After much effort and many scraps on my work table, I'm happy with this design.  I like how the stitching dots make a framework to hang my trio of tags.  Also I sponged the tag and banner edges with brown, something I rarely do.  So it's an unusual card for me, and I like it.

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) enchanted evening (dark blue), pure poppy (red), fine linen (tan), stamper's select white, and the stripe and bitty dot prints from PTI blueberry sky (medium blue) pattern pack.
  • Embroidery floss is DMC ecru (cream).  I used 3 of the 6 strands.
  • Dies are PTI tiny tags, stitched rectangles (4th largest shape), and sketched shapes (short wide banner).
  • The sentiment "thankful for you" is from Fiskars so much thanks, stamped with PTI pure poppy ink cube.  The stamped stripes, stars, and swirls are from Paper Smooches seeing stars, PTI turning a new leaf (small vine), and PTI bitty background blocks II (stripes), stamped with PTI spring rain (light blue) and pure poppy. 
  • Edges are sponged with PTI classic kraft ink.
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(573)

No comments: