Sunday, January 8, 2017

Green With Blue Circle and Rectangle

Two colors of blue, two colors of green, and a bright white banner.  I love the mix of simple shapes - circle, rectangle, triangle/diamond.  In real life, the stamped sentiment stands out nicely on the white.

I always enjoy using my scraps.  For some reason, it's just fun for me to pick up a few elements and see how they might go together.  This card includes pieces left over from four different cards.  The only "new" addition is the medium green border strip. 

Card details:
  • Card stock is Paper Source jadeite (medium green - discontinued) and Papertrey Ink (PTI) mint julep (light green), enchanted evening (dark blue), stamper's select white, and the damask print from PTI enchanted evening pattern pack
  • Embossing folder is Lifestyle Crafts diamonds and dots.
  • Die is PTI four square (circle).  
  • I notched one end of the banner with scissors, and used my Fiskars paper edgers (pinking) on the other end.
  • The sentiment "just a note" is from PTI keep it simple: just a note, stamped with PTI mint julep ink cube.  Stamping it several times (with the MISTI) gave me a deep color that works well for this card.
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(674)

No comments: