Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Dark Brown Brocade with Green

Earlier today, I posted a pastel card with a shimmery taupe brocade patterned paper.  When I made it, I was wishing I had the brocade paper in different colors, so I tried sponging it with brown ink. 

It was a lovely success!  The pearly shimmer pattern resisted the ink, and the taupe base paper took the ink very nicely.  Sometime I'll try the technique again with different colors.    

In real life, my bright green word stands out beautifully against the dark brown brocade.  

Card details:
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(709)

2 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Incredible card...love your color combination, so pretty.

Angela Walters said...

Kim said what I was thinking- I love your color choices of green and brown together with the Big Basics word die. They look great together!