Sunday, June 25, 2017

Gray Thanks on Gray, with Green Vines

Such a simple card, gray-on-gray with green.  It's one of my favorites!  Softly serene, yet with a bold message.  From this card's leftover pieces (dotted word and plain background), I made a second card that's just as nice.

It's a CASE of a beautiful card I received from a fellow card maker.  Hers had a white "thanks" inlaid in a white background, with a sentiment line stamped beneath the die cut word, and lovely bright stamped flowers with delicate green foliage.  Thank you, Ann, for your sweet note and your inspiration!

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) soft stone (light gray) and the bitty dot print from PTI soft stone pattern pack (retired).
  • Die is from My Favorite Things many thanks (retired).  The word is inlaid into the background.   
  • Technique:  To be sure of getting a smooth, well-stamped image across my die cut lines, I stamped an A2 of both the plain and the patterned card stock, before die cutting, using the MISTI for exact placement.  Then I laid the two A2's together (the lighter weight patterned piece on top, with the MISTI corners aligned) and die cut them both at once.  This worked very well for me.  It might have been okay to die cut and inlay first, then stamp, but I didn't want to take a chance on it.
  • The vine leaves are from PTI turning a new leaf, and the sentiment "very much" is from PTI wonderful words: thank you, stamped with PTI green parakeet ink cube.
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(751)

No comments: