Monday, April 23, 2018

Butterfly on Oval with Green, Turquoise, and Yellow

Pastels with a bright butterfly, for this week's challenge (fall to layout #67) on the Clean & Simple Stamping blog.  The dots on the sketch reminded me of my recently purchased polka dot paper, which then set my color scheme of green, turquoise, and yellow.  

I wanted less of the medium green color to show, so I used an oval instead of a circle under my butterfly.  Also, I shifted the ribbon (yellow patterned paper) down, to keep a row of dots above it, and moved my oval and sentiment off-center.  And to make multiples of the card, I cut four 4" squares from the 8" square polka dot paper, giving me a green border around it.  But I can still clearly see the sketch design in my finished card.  Thank you, Natasha, for your inspiration! 

Card details:
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(885)

1 comment:

Natasha said...

Love this! Definitely one of my favorite colour combinations!