Friday, November 9, 2018

Green and Brown Stripes on Cream

The bold stripes made me think of a window valence, so I took that forward with a scalloped border and a strand of cream and gold twine.  The sentiment fonts echo the striped pattern with both curves and straight lines. 

I first tried a dark brown border and a green sentiment, but it looked off-balance.  After switching the colors, this version works much better! 

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) ripe avocado (green) and rustic cream.
  • Patterned paper is from PTI turning a new leaf 8 x 8" pad (retired).  I edged the top and sides with Copic marker YG95 for more definition against the cream background.
  • Twine is gold shimmer stripe from The Twinery.
  • Die is My Favorite Things scallop ribbon border (retired).
  • The sentiment "with gratitude" is from PTI spring woods, stamped with PTI cocoa bean ink cube.
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(968)

No comments: