Sunday, January 6, 2019

Nine Card Designs from 6x6 Scraps

Nine designs, eighteen cards, featuring the scraps and unloved pages from a five year old 6x6" patterned paper pack.  For some designs, I was able to make two or four of each; others are one of a kind.  I enjoyed the challenge to use it all up, while adding as few extra pieces as possible.  Just a few inches of faintly patterned grid paper went into my trash.  Below is a photo of my finished assortment.  (If it looks a bit blurry, click on it for a better view.)


Though I didn't feel obliged to use everything from the paper pack, it was fun to see what I could do with the last bits of it - which, of course, were random off-cuts and not-so-interesting patterns.  To see the other designs (less scrappy) that I made from it over the years, click here

Card details:
  • Card stock is Essentials by Ellen tan woodgrain, My Favorite Things red hot (red), Paper Source leaf (light green - retired) and curry (gold), and Papertrey Ink (PTI) ocean tides (muted teal), canyon clay (orangey brown), soft stone (light gray), melon berry (light orange), terra cotta tile (rusty red), fine linen (light tan), enchanted evening (dark blue), and vintage cream.
  • Patterned paper is mostly from Pink Paislee portfolio 6 x 6" collection.  I also used some pieces of bitty dot print from PTI ocean tides pattern pack (tone-on-tone prints - retired), and a polka dot border strip, left over from a PTI monthly moments (retired) paper sample.
  • On several cards, I used the Stampin' Up subtle embossing folder.
  • Embroidery floss is DMC 676 (light yellow) and 926 (muted teal).
  • Word dies are My Favorite Things many thanks (retired), PTI huge thanks, and Birch Press sugar script hello.
  • Other dies are PTI number the stars banner, PTI eyelet lace border, and PTI keep it simple frames.
  • Punches are EK Success mini retro flower and an old 1/4" office supply hole punch. 
  • I edged a few pieces with Copic marker BG72.
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(990)

No comments: