Sunday, September 6, 2020

Diagonals - Dark Gray or Red

(A)

This design started with the diagonal stripe frame in dark gray on a dotted yellow background.  I used the same die to cut a piece of dotted red and inlaid a few strips, then added a layered circle for my sentiment.  With all of the dotted red strips, I was able to make two of card A (above) and one of card B (below).  

Then I wanted to use my leftover diagonal stripe frame in the dotted red.  So I placed it on a dotted blue background for card C (below), inlaid a few white pieces, and added the same sentiment circle with different colors.  I like all three cards, but "A" (above) is my favorite. 

Card details:

  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) smokey shadow (dark gray), pure poppy (red), enchanted evening (dark blue), and stamper's select white. 
  • Patterned papers are from PTI harvest gold (yellow), pure poppy, and blueberry sky (medium blue) pattern packs (tone-on-tone prints - retired). 
  • Dies are from PTI cover plate: stripes diagonal, notched flowers (outer circle), and hello sunshine (inner circle).
  • The sentiment "thank you" is from Fiskars so much thanks (retired), stamped with PTI smokey shadow or pure poppy ink.
 
(B)                                               (C)

Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.

(1184)

No comments: