Sunday, October 24, 2010

Green Large Dots Card with Purple Flowers (Before and After)

When Operation Write Home (OWH) requested "no more handwritten sentiments," as I discussed in another post, I had some cards in my OWH stash that needed rework. For most of them, it wasn't hard to cover up or replace the handwritten sentiment with a computer-printed version.

But redoing this card was more of a challenge. (See original version below.) I really wanted a curved sentiment to flow around the circles, and the WordArt feature in my Office for Mac software does not make it easy to do that. After a lot of tinkering, I'm happy with the result. (Posted above.) I saved it in PowerPoint as a template to use again, because it's a layout I really like.

The card stock is Papertrey Ink ripe avocado (dark green) and spring moss (light green), edged with Copic marker YG23. The sentiment "Thinking of you" is computer-printed with Papyrus font. The Hero Arts flowers are colored with Copic markers V000, V12, and a touch of V04. The gems in the centers are tinted green with YG95.

Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (005d)

No comments: