Sunday, February 8, 2015

Flower Bouquet with Yellow and Red

My card today is for the Papertrey Ink anniversary challenge to create a bouquet using more than one floral stamp set.  In my case, there was an additional challenge - no floral stamp sets!  Although I've been making cards for years, I'm just starting to dip my toes into the waters of stamping.  I have only a handful of inks and stamp sets, all of them sentiments with a few extra elements included.

But I thought I'd still give it a try and see what I might come up with.  Yes, it's a bouquet of flowers!  In a vase!  And I needed bits from four different PTI stamp sets to put it together.  Though I didn't have any floral stamp sets to work with, I think my card fits with the spirit of this challenge. 

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) harvest gold (yellow), pure poppy (red), ripe avocado, stamper's select white, and the polka dot print from PTI harvest gold pattern pack.
  • The bouquet is made with PTI stamps and inks as follows:
  • Water is colored with Copic marker BG000, blue flower centers with Y13, and leaves with G43 and YG91.
  • I fussy cut the bouquet to eliminate a few stray ink smudges.  
  • Dies are PTI double-ended banner and fillable frames #8.
  • The sentiment "thinking of you" is from PTI fillable frames #2, stamped with PTI bueberry sky (medium blue) ink cube
Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (423)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I am impressed! This is a great card, girl!

Kathy Mc said...

WOW, Cindy, you really wanted to enter PTI's challenge to go through all those steps. Your creative mind was on fire, and it turned out awesome.

Janet B. from WV said...

I love your creativity!

Christine said...

Absolutely brilliant!! DH & I are spechless not only because of all the thought you have put into it but the clever design.
Well Done!
x

Sherrie M. said...

Way to thinking outside the box! Nicely done!

Birgit said...

What a fun card. Love your bright and cheery colors.