Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Blue with Stars in Red, White, and Gold

Another set of cards for our local American Legion post, to be signed by the group and mailed to some of their older members.  The cards are all the same, except for different combinations of patterned paper behind the blue star cutouts.  The gold stars add some sparkle and texture, though not glitter.  Very handsome in real life.

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) enchanted evening (dark blue), stamper's select white, prints from Pebbles Americana 6 x 6" pad, and Tim Holtz deco sheets (gold).  This was my first time using the deco sheets, and I do like the effect.  
  • Technique: The plastic-y deco sheet material die cut cleanly (using PTI low-profile dies), but it was more like "perforations" instead of fully cut lines - even though the backing was completely cut through.  (This can happen with some materials, such as clear packaging plastics, which my husband tells me are actually very thick liquids like glass.)  So I needed some patience to separate the shapes.  Also, when removed from the backing, the material was quite flexible and floppy, like vinyl.  It was very worthwhile to use for this project, but I don't think it would work well for me with delicate or detailed shapes. 
  • Dies are PTI photo finish strips, cover plate: stars and super star borders.
  • The sentiment "happy birthday" is from PTI keep it simple: birthday.  I needed an orange-toned red ink to match my patterned paper, so I stamped twice (thanks to the MISTI) with PTI orange zest (orange) and then pure poppy (red) ink.  This combination worked perfectly. 
(661)

1 comment:

Kim Heggins said...

Such a fun and festive birthday card...love all your wonderful stars!