Monday, January 22, 2018

Leafy Green Thanks

When a friend sent me this beautiful paper (thank you, Vicki!) with its lush tropical leaf print,  I gave it a starring role in my card design.  To add some definition, I used narrow green borders around the card front and the label. 

The label's white space and the blocky words of "sincere thanks" make a resting place for the eye, while the paper's complex shapes are echoed in the curved leafy branch and curly "sending" word.  Since I wanted this card to feature the leaves, my label shape strategically hides a large flower.

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) new leaf (green card base), green parakeet (bright green label), and stamper's select white.
  • Patterned paper is Craft Smith jungalow.
  • Dies are PTI mat stack 4 and layerz mat stack 4.
  • The leafy branch is from PTI gathered garden, and the sentiment "sending sincere thanks" is from PTI thank you kindly.  I stamped with PTI green parakeet ink cube as my base color, then stamped again with touches of PTI new leaf and pinefeather (dark green) ink cubes.
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(824)

1 comment:

Vicki Finger said...

Oh how fun! I knew you would do something amazing with this print. I love how the simple focal point takes center stage instead of the paper. Well done!