Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Plaid with Turquoise and Red

This was my first attempt to make a card with the new Papertrey Ink (PTI) perfect plaid stencils, and I enjoyed using them.  I love the colors and the contrast of the crisp narrow lines with the softer wide lines.  However, I think the angle of my plaid makes it look a bit slanted on the card base (and it's not!) so I'll try to avoid that next time.

Card details:
  • Card stock is PTI pure poppy (red), Hawaiian shores (turquoise), and stamper's select white.
  • Embossing folder is Stampin' Up square lattice (retired).
  • Stencils are from PTI perfect plaid, sponged or brushed with PTI Hawaiian shores, cocoa bean (brown), tropical teal, and enchanted evening (dark blue) ink cubes.  I used the round Ranger ink blending tool (for the triple lines) and the e.l.f total face brush (for the wide lines) to apply the ink.
  • Die is PTI wonderful words: thank you.
  • The dashed red lines are from PTI plaid builder, stamped with PTI pure poppy ink cubes.
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(889)

No comments: