Saturday, May 19, 2018

Yellow and Turquoise Sun with Yellow Ribbon

I needed a sunshine card, and a friend gave me some yellow ribbon, making it easy to plan my design for this week's challenge (fall to layout #70) on the Clean & Simple Stamping blog.  The sketch measurements were easily adjusted for a bit more space for my die cut sun and a center gap to frame my ribbon.  The result is very bright and lively.  Thanks, Natasha, for your weekly inspiration! 

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) bright buttercup (yellow), Hawaiian shores (medium turquoise), aqua mist, and tropical teal. 
  • Patterned paper is the stripe print from PTI Hawaiian shores pattern pack (tone-on-tone prints - retired) and the bitty dot print from PTI bright buttercup "+ white basics" patterned paper (retired).
  • Dies are PTI garden garland and what the doodle: sun.  After die cutting the plain sun, I embossed it with the fancy sun die.
  • Ribbon is 3/8" grosgrain.
  • The sentiment "sending sunshine" is from PTI keep it simple: encouragement, stamped with PTI tropical teal ink cube.
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(893)

No comments: