Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pink Hearts Card with Lace

It's not the card I started out to make. But I like it anyway. Three heart sizes, embroidery floss, and lacy ribbon.

The light pink card base and heart-shaped button are PaperTrey Ink sweet blush, and the medium pink layer is Paper Source blossom. To create the button, I punched two 1/16" holes in my 1" heart shape, then coated it with UTEE (ultra thick embossing enamel). The UTEE makes it shiny and deepens the color.

The pink lace ribbon is Wright's flexi-lace hem tape from the fabric store, colored with RV11 Copic marker. The patterned paper is computer-printed - one of my PowerPoint designs - see this post for more info. The large heart is edged with RV11 marker.

Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (108)

No comments: