Saturday, November 26, 2011

Two-Heart Card, Blue and Green - Before and After

Sometimes a card needs just a little something extra ... a touch of bling, but not always the sparkly-shiny type. In this case, a couple of card-stock dots, courtesy of my sturdy old office-supply hole punch. I'm very fond of using quarter-inch dots, especially with hearts. Click here for more examples.

Below is how it looked before I added the dots.


My card is for the "Love You" challenge on the Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps blog. Card details:
  • Card stock is PaperTrey Ink enchanted evening (dark blue) and spring moss (light yellow-green - more green than yellow in real life) on a sturdy PaperTrey Ink stamper's select white card base. All corners are rounded, using the 1/4" side of the corner chomper.
  • My patterned paper is computer-printed on Neenah solar white, using PowerPoint. (White periods in a colored text box. It requires some patience at first to get the right spacing, but then it's easy to change colors. If you'd like more info, let me know via a comment, and I'll post more about it.)
  • The sentiment "Love" is computer-printed. Click here for my font details.
  • The hearts are from a 1" EK Success punch. The 1/4" dots are from a very old McGill Gem hand punch.
Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (112)

1 comment:

Linda said...

Like the after. Uber Crisp and Clean card! TFS!!!