Friday, November 25, 2011

Two Turquoise Cards - Before and After


                       Before (left) and after (right)

I revisited two of my card designs to try improving them. Although I liked both of my original cards (shown on the left), they didn't have much contrast. The new versions (on the right) are better, I think.

To add more oomph to my pennant card, I used some yellows instead of all turquoise and aqua colors. The yellow card stock is PaperTrey Ink lemon zest, and the embroidery floss is DMC 742 and 744. For an accent, I also added a faux button made from two layers of card stock - Paper Source peacock (dark turquoise) and PaperTrey Ink summer sunrise (yellow-orange). Click here for the rest of the card details as originally posted.

For more contrast on my tag card, I added a darker turquoise layer (Paper Source peacock card stock) under the tag and the blue plaid paper. To give it some dimension, I used a strip of foam tape under the right end of the tag. If you'd like to see more card details, click here for the original post.

Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (089, 032)

No comments: