Saturday, May 5, 2012

Notched Flowers in Pink and Aqua

Playing with another new die set.   I like the shapes and monochromatic patterns, and I like the green banner as a leaf stand-in.  Overall, the finished card is not one of my favorites.  But it was interesting to try different arrangements of shapes and colors as I made it. 

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink aqua mist (light aqua), Hawaiian shores (medium aqua), sweet blush (light pink), berry sorbet (medium pink), and simply chartreuse (green).
  • Dies are Papertrey Ink notched flowers.  I also used my 1-1/4 EK Success scalloped circle punch, 1/2" plain circle punch, and a square punch to cut the end of the banner.  
  • I bent up the flower edges a little, for dimension. 
  • The patterns are airbrushed with Copic markers and Crafter's Workshop 6x6" plastic templates,  mini Swiss dot and chevron.  Copic colors are B05, YG97, R24 (on the card base), and R35. The contrasting pattern on the flower layers is stronger in real life.
Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (150)

No comments: