Saturday, May 19, 2012

Sun, Moon, and Rainbow - Love You All the Time

Like last week's card, a three-window card on a green base.  And otherwise, not a a bit like last week.

Card details:
  • Card stock is Neenah solar white (sentiment) and Papertrey Ink new leaf (green) and true black.
  • The die is Papertrey Ink take three.  I also used a 1/4" Corner Chomper to round all the corners, except for the top of the green card base. 
  • The sentiment "Love you, all the time" is computer-printed in "Hobo std medium" font (outline, expanded)  in black ink. 
  • At first, I drew the sun, rainbow, and moon images in black ink.  My drawing was nice, but it didn't scan well, so I recreated it with PowerPoint shapes.  
  • I used Copic markers for my coloring: B01, B26, V04, V22, G14+YG04 (colored on top of each other to match the green card stock), Y15, Y21, Y26, YR07, and R08.
  • The embroidery floss (left to right) is DMC 721, a very old unknown blue, Anchor 108, DMC 347, and DMC 725. 
Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (152)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

adorable. I have that die and forgot all about it. thanks for reminding me to use it.