Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Green Twist Print Card - Two Versions


Today's card is a happy byproduct of yesterday's airbrushed stencil card.  I've found the easiest way for me to clean the airbrushed Copic ink off my stencil (plastic, metal, or magnetic masking material) is to spritz it lightly with Copic "0" colorless blender solution in a misting bottle, and then press a paper towel or piece of card stock onto it.  I typically choose card stock because often, as shown here, a beautiful one-of-a-kind print is the result.

For the card, I trimmed down my print, double matted it, and stamped it with a sentiment and pair of leaflets.  With my one and only piece of the print, I made just one card (below) but I tried another color combination (above) which was more photogenic.  In real life, the card below is richly handsome - perfect for the recipient. 

Card details:
  • Card stock is Stampin' Up soft suede (brown - bottom card) and Papertrey Ink (PTI) ripe avocado (dark green - both cards), rustic cream (both cards), and spring moss (light green - top card). 
  • Print is made from Copic marker YG95 airbrushed onto a PTI cover plate: twist stencil, as explained above.  See this post for more about the stencil. 
  • The sentiment "Thinking of you" is from Stampabilities card phrases, and the leaflets are from PTI turning a new leaf, all stamped with PTI ripe avocado ink cube.
(485)

No comments: