Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Scene with Fence, Trees, and Cat - Before and After

My sweet scene today revisits this "before" card, one of my favorites from four years ago.  My "after" design is a bit simpler and uses some patterned papers instead of the Copic marker details. 

Usually when I revise a card, I prefer the newer version.  But in this case, I like them both.  The "before" has a more painterly, cozy feeling, and today's "after" is more crisp and graphic in style.  

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) pure poppy (red), aqua mist, cocoa bean (medium brown), summer sunrise (yellow-orange), and rustic cream.
  • Patterned papers are the bitty dot, leaf, and stripe prints from PTI ripe avocado (green), summer sunrise, and classic kraft pattern packs (tone-on-tone prints - retired).
  • Dies are PTI picket fence, PTI ad sense (sun), PTI polka dot parade #6, PTI star gazer (tiny sun shape on bow), Impression Obsession cat set, My Favorite Things fresh cut grass, and WPlus9 pretty patches: tree (retired).
  • Punch is Martha Stewart bow.
  • The cat's eyes are tiny dots of brown Micron pen.
  • The sentiment "thinking of you" is from PTI keep it simple: thinking of you, stamped with PTI cocoa bean ink cube.
(329)

1 comment:

Kim Heggins said...

Adorable card...just love your sweet scene!