Monday, March 12, 2018

Plaid and Stripe Birthday - Red, White, and Blue

For the Papertrey Ink "Create Along with Us" March challenge, I chose the first project in this post by Michelle as my starting point.

I've enjoyed using PTI's new(ish) series of Bitty Big papers, but the large stripe and small plaid patterns have been more challenging for me.  So Michelle's card, featuring both, was perfect inspiration today!  And I needed a masculine birthday card with navy and red, so my color scheme was all set.

I'm happy with my finished card, and I'll use this layout again.  Thank you, PTI and Michelle, for your inspiration! 

Edited April 16, 2018, to add: Below is a "thank you" version of the card.  All the same except the sentiment, which is cut with an Elizabeth Craft thank you die.

Card details:
Thank you card created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(856)

5 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

fantastic birthday card Cindy! Great take on the challenge!

Vicki Finger said...

This is a great card and is very appropriate for your Operation Quiet Comfort with it's definite "All American" color scheme.

Nancy Penir said...

This is a great masculine card! You used the stripe and plaid together perfectly!

Betty Wright said...

So fun! Great masculine card!

Kathy Mc said...

One can never go wrong with a red, white and blue card, and it works for any age or gender. The Bitty Bigs Plaid with stripes looks awesome. I call Michelle the queen of Bitty Bigs. 😉