Saturday, March 31, 2018

Purple with Light Orange Flowers - Before and After

-After-

For this week's Transformation Tuesday challenge on the Papertrey Ink blog, I chose a recent card and made a small change that, to me, makes a big difference.  Although I liked the colors and overall layout of my "before" card (below), it looked rather scattered and incomplete to me.  I considered a bigger redesign, but instead, I decided to try one small addition to pull it together - the partial flower at the center right in the "after" version (above).  It works so much better now.  Thank you, Melissa and PTI, for inspiring and encouraging me to take another look at my design!

 
-Before-

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) stamper's select white.
  • Patterned paper is the bitty dot print from PTI amethyst allure bitty big pattern pack.
  • The flowers and leaves are from PTI floral sketches, stamped with PTI amethyst allure (purple), melon berry (light orange), vintage jadeite (green), and dark indigo (dark navy) ink cubes.
  • I used a white gel pen to add dots in the flower centers.  
  • The sentiment "hugs" is from PTI penned elegance alphabet, stamped with PTI dark indigo ink cube.
(865)

No comments: