Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Yellow Teacups with Red and Vellum


After the pink teacup cards, I tried some in yellow.  The note card on the left is more my style, simple and crisp.  The card on the right is for a friend's birthday, and I tried to make it more in her style.  Yellow is her favorite color, and her kitchen has lots of red accents, beautiful vintage fabrics, and a teacup collection.  I especially like the white floral ribbon band and the "happy birthday" teabag label.  I know she'll enjoy the card, and I enjoyed making it for her. 

Card details:
  • Card stock is My Favorite Things (MFT) red hot (red) and Papertrey Ink (PTI) bright buttercup (deep bright yellow), lemon tart (light yellow), white shimmer, and stamper's select vellum.
  • Patterned paper is the leaf print from PTI pure poppy pattern pack (tone-on-tone prints - retired).
  • Embossing folders are Lifestyle Crafts diamonds and dots and Cuttlebug Swiss dots.
  • Ribbon is two widths of 3/8" white Offray fleur pattern.
  • Embroidery floss is three threads of DMC #349.
  • Dies are from PTI fancy tea cup (I trimmed off the saucer on the vellum layer), PTI eyelet lace, PTI tiny tags, PTI mix & mat: scallops, Memory Box fancy blossoms, and MFT layered labels (retired). 
  • The pearl dot in each flower center is Viva Decor pearl pen, ice white.
  • The sentiment "happy birthday" on the teabag tag is from PTI fill in the blank (retiring 2018), stamped with PTI pure poppy ink cube.
(852)

No comments: