Friday, June 22, 2018

Inked Embossing: Aqua and Green Leaves

Peaceful blues and greens.  I like the crisp diagonal stripes with the softer blend of the leaf panel.

Note: the gray border is background, not part of the card.

Card details:
  • Card stock is Paper Source lake (blue) and Papertrey Ink (PTI) aqua mist and stamper's select white.
  • Patterned paper is the diagonal stripe print from PTI mint julep (light green) "+ white basics" patterned paper (retired).
  • Embossing folder is Elizabeth Craft spring leaves (retired).  After embossing the aqua panel, I lightly rubbed the raised surface with PTI vintage jadeite (medium green), green parakeet (bright yellow green), and spring rain (light blue) ink cubes (applying the ink cube surface directly to the card stock.)  I kept my ink coverage spotty to create a variegated effect, but as the last step, I went over everything with a lighter green color (mint julep) to soften some of my ink edges.
  • A friend gave me some of her fuzzy blue twine - perfect for this card.  Thanks, Judy!
  • Die is from PTI fabulous frames.
  • The sentiment "just because" is from Hero Arts many everyday messages, stamped with PTI enchanted evening (dark blue) ink cube.
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(911)

No comments: