Saturday, June 9, 2018

Two Red, White, and Blue Thank You Cards

I started to make one card design with both the stamped tag and the chevron patterned paper, but it just wasn't working for me.  So I split up my pieces and made two designs.  Not what I was aiming for, but I do like the tag and also the embossed lines on the gray card, and I'll use those ideas again sometime.

Note: On the tag card, the gray border is background, not part of the card.

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) weathervane (gray), pure poppy (red), dark indigo (navy), and stamper's select white. 
  • Patterned paper is from Doodlebug patriotic picnic 6x6" paper pad.
  • Dies are from PTI tag sale #7, PTI noted: simply stitched A2 vertical (I used the long sides of the second-largest frame for my pair of embossed lines), and My Favorite Things many thanks (retired).   
  • The narrow striped ribbon is by Offray.
  • On the tag, the sentiments "thank you" and "ever so much" are from PTI thank you kindly (retired), stamped with PTI pure poppy ink cube.  The lines are Shabby Green Door farmer's market - journal block, stamped with PTI blueberry sky (blue) ink cube.
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(903, 904)

No comments: