Thursday, June 28, 2018

Leaves on Dry Brushed Blue and Green

After experimenting with a drybrushing technique, I used my samples to make a few cards.  I tried several colors for the card base, and the gray was my unexpected favorite.  In real life, the dry brush texture is lovely, and the green ink matches the die cut leaf. 

Card details:
  • Card stock is Papertrey Ink (PTI) weathervane (gray), blueberry sky (blue), simply chartreuse (green), and stamper's select white. 
  • I embossed the white card stock with the Dreamweaver faux cross-stitch stencil screen, as explained in this post.  Then, on the back of the embossed panel, I dry brushed with PTI blueberry sky and simply chartreuse inks, diluted with water, using a wide, rough-textured natural bristle brush by Plaid.
  • Twine is shore (light blue) stripe from The Twinery.
  • Dies are from PTI noted: pinked A2 vertical and turning a new leaf.
  • The "thanks" word is cut with Silhouette Cameo, using the Hobo Std font, same as this card.
Created for Operation: Quiet Comfort.
(915)

No comments: