Sunday, July 10, 2011

Flower Vine Card with Purple, Green, and Yellow

A card using a few flower vine images from today's drawing (posted on my Mostly Markers blog with my other drawings). My full drawing is colored with blue, blue-green, and red flowers. For my card, I made the flowers purple.

I scanned my original line drawing (not colored yet), then printed some of it onto PaperTrey Ink (PTI) lemon tart (light yellow) card stock, and colored with Copic markers G14, YG63, V09, V17, and Y38. The circle punch is 1-3/4".

The dark purple card stock is PTI royal velvet, and the green is PTI new leaf. I used my Fiskars cloud scissors to cut the scallops. The sentiment "Hello" is computer-printed in "Lucida Handwriting" font, using green ink outlined with purple.

Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (082)

No comments: