Sunday, July 24, 2011

Two Sweaters - Red, Blue and Kraft

For this week's sketch challenge on the Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps blog, I used a line drawing from February (click here for my original drawing). The sentiment could be "Miss you," but I left it without a sentiment.

After printing a black-and-white scan of my drawing on Neenah, I colored it with my Copic markers, cut it out, and adhered it to a slightly larger layer of PaperTrey Ink kraft card stock. The base card is also kraft, so I used a black frame to give some contrast.

The black double frame is drawn with Copic multiliner, and the red and blue inner frame is drawn with Copic markers. The red and blue card strips are Neenah colored with markers - an easy way to make a small amount of card stock to match my sweater coloring.

Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (085)

3 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Very nice card. Thank you for sharing.

Julie said...

Great card! I love how you created the black double frame. Thanks for playing along in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Linda said...

sweet card!