Sunday, August 7, 2011

Multicolor Stripes and Sentiment on Blue Card

I had a few strips of homemade striped card stock, left over from my Summertime Words card. So I made a "Thinking of you" sentiment with the same colors. An offset layout with dark mats and white lines ... just a nice, simple note card.

Making my own patterned papers and sentiments in PowerPoint is easy, though it does need some patience. I like it because I can adjust the colors and sizes to go with whatever I'm working on. And it's fun to find an artistic use for my otherwise boring office-acquired software skills.

My card stock is Paper Source cobalt (dark blue mats), Paper Source lake (medium blue card base), and Neenah solar white (printed strips). The white lines are drawn with my favorite white pen, Signo Uni-ball gel impact. The sentiment and stripes are computer-printed. The font is American Typewriter bold, expanded, and the dots are large-font periods - something I'll try again for polka-dot patterns.

Created for Operation Write Home, "supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them." (090)

No comments: